DASSP attended last night's TRCA meeting on park construction. As I was the first person to arrive, I had all 3 of the folks to speak to.
TRCA stated that completion is now delayed a year, to 2029. This is no surprise as TRCA has a terrible record of completion on all their projects in S. Etobicoke over the last few years.
They stated that all the large gravel will be removed, and replaced with the original pea gravel, after re-grading, as before. Apparently, they took photos of the original pathways to use as a reference.
I asked that DASSP and FOSS have a walkthrough of the pathways, beaches and surroundings near the end of the project, to assess any issues identified or outstanding. Hopefully there will soon be access to a beach, for disabled park users, as there now is at Marie Curtis. Time will tell.
The gravel issue is huge for wheelchair users, mobility impaired and elderly folk with balance constraints
No comments:
Post a Comment